On our journey called life, we all experience aging. As we get older, under eye wrinkles start showing up inevitably as the skin around the eyes is particularly thin. Other factors such as smoking habit, poor skin care, poor diet, sun exposure also contribute to the development and worsening of wrinkles.
Well, though having wrinkles under eyes are natural and harmless, you can actually utilize some home remedies in order to improve the appearance of your wrinkly eyes. Are you ready to restore your radiant and youthful look back?
Here are some 5 amazing home remedies to help you get rid of under eye wrinkles naturally.
1. GREEN TEA
Scientific studies found that green tea has many antioxidants and anti-ageing properties, thereby helping to fight against dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines effectively. It also plays a vital role in promoting anti-wrinkling process. In view of that, you may utilize green tree to help rejuvenate your skin.
Apply Green Tea Mask
Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground green tea leaves, honey and baking soda respectively. Mix and whisk them together. Add few drops of water if needed to form a paste. Apply on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Lastly, rinse off with lukewarm water.
It is suggested to apply the green tea mask for 2-3 times per week for best results.
Use Green Tea Bags on Eyes
Green tea helps tighten the saggy skin around the eyes. Using green tea bags is an affordable and natural option to help you get rid of under eye wrinkles.
After drinking your tea, don’t ever just throw away the tea bags! Instead, squeeze out the excess liquid from the bags and let them cool down to room temperature. You can also refrigerate them for 10-20 minutes.
Following, just apply the tea bags to your closed eyes for 20 minutes. It is an ideal way to help reduce your redness, dark circles, wrinkles and even under eye bags.
Green tea is indeed full of nutrients and antioxidants. It greatly helps hydrate your skin, slow down the aging process as well as reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Green tea is the ultimate secret to having ageless beauty and youthful skin.
2. EGG WHITE
Egg white contains high protein content and has great moisturizing power, thus can be very useful to treat wrinkles under eyes. Moreover, it also fosters the repairing of damaged and dry skin as well as improves the overall texture of the skin. As such, apply egg white to improve your wrinkly eyes.
Apply Egg White Face Mask
Beat two egg whites together until they make enough foam. Afterwards, apply on your face and especially the wrinkles under eyes. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Perform this once a week.
Apply Egg White & Honey Face Mask
Mix together one egg white, one tablespoon of wheat flour and honey respectively to form a sandy paste. Then, apply on your face emphasizing on areas with wrinkles and gently perform circular movements to exfoliate.
Keep the face mask on your face for 10 minutes before washing with warm water. Remember to apply a moisturizer afterwards.
Protein in egg whites plays a crucial role in tightening the skin to reduce wrinkles. By that means, eggs can be beneficial in treating wrinkles under eyes.
Cucumber is simply not just a salad staple. Do you know it contains substantial skincare benefits? It is rich in vitamins such as A, B1 and C, which help fend off wrinkles, foster anti-aging and make your skin look young and vibrant.
Besides, cucumber have high water content level as it contains 96% of water. Thus, playing an ideal role in cooling down your body and keeping you hydrated.
Most importantly, cucumbers are packed with silica which helps firm up your sagging skin as well as fight against wrinkles and fine lines. All these make cucumber a wise choice for you to treat under eye wrinkles and maintain a fresh and healthy skin.
Apply Cucumber Mask
Puree half a cucumber together with 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Mix well until it turns a thick paste. Then, apply on your face for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
Apply Cucumber & Aloe Vera Gel Skin Firming Mask
Aloe vera and cucumber are two best anti-aging ingredients that help to regenerate your skin cells and prevent sagging.
Simply prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh cucumber juice, 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and 10 drops of vitamin E oil. Mix it well and apply to your skin for 20 minutes with a cotton ball for twice a week.
Wash off with lukewarm water and a gentle PH balanced cleanser. Remember to moisturize your skin subsequently.
Cucumber is really considered as a powerhouse ingredient in beauty products due to its remarkable skin benefits. Go, grab a cucumber and use it smartly to treat your wrinkly eyes.
Avocado is one of the best anti-aging food worth trying! Avocado is rich in vitamin A, E and other antioxidants that help fight against wrinkles, repair skin damage, increase skin moisture as well as promote skin softness. It is for sure a wonderful addition to your beauty regimen.
Apply Avocado Anti-Aging Mask
You need to prepare 1 ripe avocado and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Then, cut and open the avocado. Remember to remove the pit before mixing together with the coconut oil. Apply the paste on your face for 30 minutes before sleep.
Apply Avocado & Rolled Oats Mask
Mash half an avocado. Mix it together with a tablespoon of rolled oats. After that, apply it on your face and neck for 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Avocado works wonders on your skin. Its anti-aging properties help to treat and repair wrinkles under your eyes. Quickly give it a try for a vibrant and youthful skin!
5. OLIVE OIL
Ever thought of using olive oil in your skin care routine? In actual, olive oil is the best dietary oil used to fight against anti-aging and under-eye wrinkles. Olive oil acts as an antioxidant that helps prevent premature aging.
Moreover, it is rich in vitamins including vitamin A, D, E and K which benefits your skin as well. Olive oil is also known to moisturize and hydrate your skin. Therefore, simply substituting olive oil for other dietary oils might actually give you a better edge over under eye wrinkles.
While olive oil is beneficial to the skin in some ways, studies suggested that if you have oily and sensitive skin, olive oil may not be the best choice for you. That’s why, always consult your doctor or medical professional before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Having under eye wrinkles is pretty much an unavoidable part of the aging process. Yet, there are few tips you can adopt to stave them off.
GENERAL TIPS TO TREAT UNDER EYE WRINKLES
1. EAT HEALTHY: Research shows that your diet is the best way to support healthy skin growth. It is concluded that consuming a healthy diet rich in nutrients such as fruits and veggies is the safest and healthiest way to combat wrinkles and fine lines. So, make sure you follow “5 A Day”!
2. DRINK WATER: Water helps you to stay hydrated and maintain your skin’s elasticity. If your skin does not get enough hydration, it will turn dry and is more prone to wrinkles. Therefore, make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day for a continuous radiant glow of the skin.
3. MOISTURIZE: As dry skin is more prone to wrinkles, research shows that using moisturizer that contains vitamin C as well as hyaluronic acid is more effective at combatting the formation of wrinkles. Hence, always moisturize and hydrate your skin to prevent under eye wrinkles.
4. PUT ON SPF: Without a shadow of a doubt, it is known that sun exposure can damage your skin, leading to wrinkles and premature aging. According to a study conducted in 2013, it shows that regular use of sunscreen helps slow down the signs of aging skin. For this reason, it is of paramount importance to apply an SPF of between 30 and 50 daily. Even if it’s not sunny, don’t skip it!
All these tips and home remedies help slow down and prevent the forming of under eye wrinkles. Try out some and see the magic behind these natural products on your skin glow!
Don’t forget to consult your doctor or medical professional in case you have some specific concerns.
HealthxTips is committed to delivering content that adheres to highest standard for accuracy, sourcing and objective analysis.
HealthxTips uses only high-quality and trustworthy sources to support the facts in our articles.
1. Hughes, M. C., Williams, G. M., Baker, P., & Green, A. C. (2013). Sunscreen and prevention of skin aging: a randomized trial. Annals of internal medicine, 158(11), 781–790. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-158-11-201306040-00002
2. Inokuchi, K., Nakayama, A., & Hishinuma, F. (1987). Identification of sequence elements that confer cell-type-specific control of MF alpha 1 expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Molecular and cellular biology, 7(9), 3185–3193. https://doi.org/10.1128/mcb.7.9.3185-3193.1987
3. Pullar, J. M., Carr, A. C., & Vissers, M. (2017). The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. Nutrients, 9(8), 866. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9080866
4. Schagen, S. K., Zampeli, V. A., Makrantonaki, E., & Zouboulis, C. C. (2012). Discovering the link between nutrition and skin aging. Dermato-endocrinology, 4(3), 298–307. https://doi.org/10.4161/derm.22876