48 Min20 Min28 MinEasyOven & Grill Tray Nutrition Per Servingcalories 621Fat 36gNet Carbs 4gprotein 65gIngredientsInstructionsThe soy sauce and wasabi rub add an unexpected taste and crunch to this wonderful salmon recipe. Try and get wild Alaskan King Salmon...
If you’re new to cooking fish and seafood, you’re in for a real treat. The great thing about fish and seafood is that they’re often prepared in the simplest of ways. This makes a great meal in record time. Pretty soon you’ll be eating it more often than you ever imagined!
Because seafood has been associated with heart health benefits, you should be eating at least 8 oz. of per Week; especially seafood that’s higher in the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA l. Remember to minimize intake of seafood that are high in methyl mercury like swordfish, king mackerel and tilefish. Fatty fish, like salmon (fresh and canned), tuna (fresh and canned), herring, trout, mackerel and sardines, are loaded with the beneficial fats.
Before we get to cook our awesome healthy recipes, let’s give you a few basic info and tips about seafood:
• As a cook, you can’t do much with poor quality fish or seafood, so knowing how to choose the best is vital to your success.
• The fresh vs. frozen seafood debate does not really hold any water (see what we did there!) because quite often, your ‘fresh fish’ was previously frozen as most fish are frozen right on the boat. Some seafood, such as lobster, actually does not travel well, so you’re actually getting higher-quality food if it’s been frozen.
• Fish intended for sushi should be carefully selected and not every type is suitable.
• Some types of fish are not readily available for a good reason: they are endangered. Bluefin tuna and red snapper, two of the best-tasting fish, are among the world’s most threatened species. Substitute them with black sea bass or big eye tuna.
• In order to preserve the freshness of your fish, skip the plastic freezer bags and opt for containers of ice instead. The bag method will be good for a few days, but not in the long term.
• Your store-bought fish may be ready to cook with no additional preparation needed. Quite often, you can simply season and sear the filet and your meal is ready.
Try our variety of very delicious and healthy recipes today!
Salmon with Lemon Chervil Butter Sauce Recipe
24-7 Min7-15 Min~20 MinEasyCast Iron Skillet / Plancha, Long Metal Spatula Nutrition Per Servingcalories 469Fat 40gfiber 0gnet carbs 1.5gprotein 22.5gIngredientsInstructionsThis is how you make a delicious, fresh and healthful dish in less than half an hour!...